Wednesday, February 08, 2012

The Pin Up Parlour, Hollyns Hair Studio

Pin It
Cat fight in Prison


And now for something completely different ....... Photographing in prisons, hair boutiques, in the street and in 50's cars, all in a days work ... Luv It!

It's always good to step outside of your comfort zone and push your boundaries.  I'm so used to shooting wedding and portraits I'm confident I could do them with any sitter in any enviroment and still get the results I would be proud of.

However this shoot was definitely not the norm.  I'd had several meetings with Hollyn the owner and main stylist at "The Pin Up Parlour" in Denham Springs who had an idea on what she wanted in her latest images to use for her marketing and decorations.  In addition her friend who owns a local clothing boutique lent her and her models some clothes she wanted to feature in a campaign.  All of a sudden instead of my norm of the person in the picture being the most important thing the clothes / hair was to be the feature.

Think this image is a good commercial shot for the Jeans

I'd checked out the area and had some ideas on where we could shoot and I had a few ideas I wanted to introduce and gauge the reaction.  We started in Hollyn's boutique with some pin up styled shots, and then moved outside.  It was about now I suggested we take some photographs inside the city hall (and specifically the jail cells).  I was very pleased that everyone loved the idea and we carried on photographing the girls in the prison cells.

You can see a further selection of images from the shoot here.  This slideshow of Hollyns pics is also available for download via i-tunes by clicking this link.  You can then add it to your i-phone / video i-pod or i-pad.





Another shot adapted to emphasise the Jeans


We finished the days shoot using some uber cool 50's cars which set the images perfectly.
The final shoot was with a couple of classic 50's cars
Al in all a very enjoyable day with excellent models and Hollyns exceptional skills in reshaping hair styles in no time, in not ideal locations with the minimum of equipment.  True professionals all around.

1 comment:

  1. Brooke (Ginger)8:37 PM

    Martin so far everything I saw on the slideshow looks amazing! I had a lovely time with yall taking these photos and look forward to possibly working with you again one day.
    Brooke (Ginger)

    ReplyDelete

This space looks too empty, come on say something, you know you want to